Special Accommodations Policy
AMCA pledges to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. as amended (42 USCG Section 12101, et. seq.), and with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2000e, et seq.), to the best of their ability.
If you need special accommodations because of a disabling condition, you may ask for special testing services. This request can be submitted in one of three ways.
- A letter from a qualified physician outlining the disability or medical condition and need for accommodation.
- A letter from an objective professional requesting the need for accommodation and reasoning.
- An Individual Educational Plan (IEP) that is less than two years old.
All letters must include the following:
- An outline of the specific disability/diagnosis
- An explanation how this condition affects the candidate’s ability to take the exam under regular conditions.
- Date and duration of diagnosis.
- Specifically state the requested accommodation. If physical testing conditions are requested, state precisely what that entails. If extra time is needed, state how much time and is needed and why.
The above documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 973-582-1801. Once received, our Compliance department will assess the accommodation and either approve or deny the request.
LRP administrations can accommodate multiple needs of the test-taker, including, but not limited to:
- Extra time on exam (no additional charge)
- Special circumstances
- Permitting restroom breaks
- Physical disabilities
- Aid/Assistant in the testing environment
- Support videos include captions and SRT files can be provided