Click here to view the FAQ in Español.
Certification ID Cards
- Q I’ve lost my certification ID card. How do I order another one?
- A Download and complete the Duplicate/Replacement Order Form and submit it to AMCA via email, fax, or mail.
- Q How long does it take before I get my replacement ID card?
- A You can expect your replacement certification ID card in 7-14 days after your order form has been received. If you need verification sooner for an interview or employment, you can always print an official AMCA transcript from inside your candidate portal.
- Q I just took my certification exam at an AMCA approved test site. When can I expect my certification ID card?
- A If you took your exam in online format, your certification ID card will be sent back to your test site in 2-4 weeks. If you took your exam in paper/pencil format, your certification ID card will be sent back to your test site in 2-4 weeks once your exams are received back at AMCA headquarters.
- Q I tested over 4 weeks ago and still haven’t received my certification ID card. What should I do?
- A If you tested at an AMCA Approved Test Site, your certification ID card will be sent there. Please contact your test site to check if they have it.
- Q I just received my certification ID card and there is a mistake. What do I do?
- A Certification holders have 90 days from the day that their card was received to dispute any errors and receive a new certification ID card free of charge. Please call AMCA directly to assist you in rectifying any discrepancies.
- Q I am testing at an AMCA approved test site. How do I register for an exam?
- A Visit the How To Register Webpage for registration instructions.
- Q I’m trying to register with my test site on a certain date, but the system is not allowing me to.
- A Please reach out to your test site to find out the available dates. Only dates that have been scheduled by your test site for an exam administration will be available to be selected.
- Q I took an AMCA certification exam and was unsuccessful. How soon can I test again?
- A All exam retakes must be compliant with AMCA’s Retake Policy. You can find the full retake policy on the How To Register Webpage. There is a mandatory 30-day waiting period after your 1st attempt, and a mandatory 60-day waiting period after your 2nd attempt. There is a maximum of 3 attempts that must be completed within 1 year of your initial exam date.
- Q I took an AMCA certification exam and was unsuccessful. How do I schedule an exam retake?
- A Log into your AMCA portal and click on the “Exam Retake” tab. All exam retakes must be compliant with AMCA’s Retake Policy. You can find the full retake policy on the How To Register Webpage.
Prep and Study Material
- Q When will I get my prep/study material?
- A After submitting an exam registration form, you can expect an email with prep material access within 24-48 business hours. Please visit our Study Material Webpage for more information on what is included.
- Q I’m scheduled to take my exam today. Why do I no longer see my prep material in my account?
- A Each candidate is granted prep material access until 12 AM the night before the scheduled exam. You will not have prep material access the day of your scheduled exam.
- Q Do I need to renew my AMCA certification?
- A Yes, all AMCA certifications require recertification every 2 years. AMCA career advancement certificate programs do not require recertification.
- Q How do I renew my AMCA certification?
- A Log into your AMCA portal and click the blue “Recertification” tab. All instructions are listed in your account. You can also visit the Stay Certified Webpage for more information.
- Q Can I use outside CEU’s from my job or another source?
- A Yes, AMCA accepts outside CEU’s as long as you have proof of completion and they are relevant to the certification(s) you hold. You can submit outside credits in any number, but you will need 10 CEU’s to renew your AMCA certification(s). Outside CEU’s must be submitted on this Outside CE Order Form. You can also visit the Using Outside CE Materials Webpage for more information.
- Q Does AMCA offer options for recertification?
- A Yes, AMCA offers CE volumes, worth 5 CEU’s each, and Career Advancement Certificate Programs, worth 10 CEU’s each. In total, you will need 10 CEU’s to renew your AMCA certification(s). You can also visit the Using AMCA CE Materials Webpage for more information.
- Q My certification expired less than 1 year ago. Can I still recertify?
- A Yes. You have up to one year from your date of expiration to reinstate your certification. For expired certifications, there is a $25.00 Reinstatement Fee in addition to the cost of recertification. You can visit the Stay Certified Webpage for more information.
- Q My certification expired more than 1 year ago. Can I still recertify?
- A Unfortunately, no. Certifications that are expired beyond the 1-year mark are not eligible for reinstatement or recertification. However, you can apply to take the exam again as long as you meet the Eligibility Requirements. Please visit the Eligibility Requirements Webpage for more information.
- Q I am in the Military. How do I become eligible and register for an AMCA certification exam?
- A Please visit our Military Webpage for more information.
- Q I am in the Military and still have questions. Who can I contact?
- A Questions from Military candidates can be directed to militarysupport@AMCAexams.com.
- Q I prefer to communicate in Spanish. Can I request an AMCA representative that also speaks Spanish?
- A Yes, AMCA has representatives that speak Spanish. Please request this when speaking with an AMCA customer service representative.
- Q My institution or organization is interested in becoming an AMCA approved test site. What should I do?
- A Please visit our Test Site Webpage for the requirements to become an AMCA approved test site. You can also call our office and ask to speak with a representative from the Test Site Support Department.
- Q I hold an AMCA certification. Can AMCA help me find a job?
- A Please visit our Finding a Job Webpage for resources to assist you with this.
- Q Does AMCA offer any training or courses?
- A No, AMCA does not offer any training or courses. AMCA only offers the end-of-program credentials, which can be either a certification or a certificate. Please visit the Eligibility Requirements Webpage to see if you qualify to take an AMCA certification exam.
Click here to view the FAQ in Español.